- In the past, it was classified into 3 subtypes:
(1) Type I MPGN with mesangial proliferation and basement mm duplication (MPGN [mesangial and subendothelial deposits by E/M].
(2) Type II or DDD with varied histological pattern with/without MPGN [electron dense mesangial and intramembranous deposits by E/M.
(3) Type III similar to type I but E/M shows mesangial, subendothelial, subepithelial and intramembranous deposits
- Recently it is classified into:
1. MPGN type I
2. C3 glomerulopathy
3. MPGN type III
- C3 glomerulopathy is an entity with glomerular deposits made mainly (or solely) from C3
(Predominant glomerular C3 intensity of ≥ 2 levels of magnitude greater than any combination of IgG, IgM, IgA and C1q)
- C3 glomerulopathy include:
1. DDD (dense deposit disease)
2. C3 glomerulonephritis
3. Cypriot cohort (CFHR5)
N.B. touch sides of the adjacent pictute to see more pictures